Friday, October 2, 2009
just a few notes about our mixes series:
- glad people are digging the latest ssg mix from nuel. i love it. if you haven't grabbed it yet, i'd strongly suggest you do. tracklisting will be up over the weekend.
- we have already been getting lots of questions about whether there will be any mixes from labyrinth. at this stage, we will not be hosting any live recordings from labyrinth. why? there is a pretty simple answer to that: i don't have them. so please, don't keep on asking.
- what we will have, however, is a number of labyrinth inspired sets. of course this is not the same as being there, but we are getting some of the artists who played there to convey some of the feelings, inspiration and sounds from those special couple of days. our next mix will be a 3 hour ambient mix from donato dozzy, which resonates closely with his ambient set at labyrinth. and there are a couple more after that too. so still plenty to look forward to.
- also, we have reached a decision that the mnml ssgs mix series will end in a couple of months, probably december or january. to be clear, mnml ssgs will not be finishing. the blog will continue, and the close of the mix series will allow us to move forward in new and exciting directions. in the future, there is a strong possibility we may start a second series, or a different kind of podcast. and we will likely host guest mixes and artist profiles. but the current mix series will definitely come to a close. why? what we want to do is create something complete. we want to offer a complete archive of high quality mixes from artists we deeply believe in. we cannot do this by continuing the series indefinitely. and we want to go out on top, before the quality gets diluted. this is not a decision we've reached lightly and it something we've thought hard about for a while before concluding this is the way to go.
- so the plan is that we will have an intense couple of months with an onslaught of killer mixes from ssg favourites and debutants, and then it will come to an end. you'll have to wait and see, but trust me, we have a super impressive lineup, which will ensure the series finishes in style. we, along with the artists that have contributed, thank you for all your support with the mixes. i ask that you stick with us, take the time to enjoy and appreciate each mix, and when the series finishes, go back and enjoy the full back catalogue of mixes.
- for now, continue enjoying nuel and get ready for dozz's ambient mix. it is a stunner. the picture below sums up how i felt listening to it for the first time today...
we really consider all our readers a part of mnml ssgs - it is a collaborative effort - so i just wanted to be open about what we are thinking and have planned. i've just started the write up for labyrinth, so that is on its way soonish.